The Prize: A Brand New Project Kit by Scrapscription!Spring has sprung! We are so excited that spring is here, and we thought we'd get started on a new spring challenge with clear albums! Are you ready for the challenge? All you have to do is create a new clear album that has something to do with SPRiNG! You can create any spring themed project you'd like, as long as you incorporate a clear album into the project in some way. Use photos from this spring, last spring, or spring 10 years ago...or no photos at all...it doesn't matter. You can create a clear spring themed diary for the month of April, a record book for your spring garden, or a scrapbook with photos of your children playing in the park. We want to see any spring themed clear albums you want to show us! Would you like to win this spectacular project kit by Scrapscription.com? Isn't it gorgeous? The kit is called "So Special". It features the Clear Scraps All Mixed Up acrylic album. The products featured in this kit are the brand new American Crafts Craft Fair papers, coordinating Flair buttons, coordinating ribbons also from American Crafts, plus American Crafts Thickers in a brand new color and style called Patchwork Aqua Fabric. This fabulous Scrapscription kit can be YOURS if you are the winner of our Spring Fling Clear Album Challenge! One lucky winner will be declared the grand prize winner of the Spring Fling Clear Albums Challenge, and will receive this gorgeous kit as the prize! Many thanks to Scrapscription for sponsoring this challenge! Have you guys seen all the new scrapbooking project kits by ScrapScription.com? ScrapScription has been created to share innovative ideas and inspiration with others through user friendly kits, detailed instructional sheets, and coordinating product packs. In the world of scrapbooking today, the choices of supplies and ideas are endless. Many times these choices are not only overwhelming but also very intimidating. ScrapScription delivers a creative solution. Scrapscription is a unique and innovative kind of scrapbooking kit website. Now, no matter where you live, you can create creative scrapbook projects, complete with supplies and detailed instructions, which are delivered right to your door. Choose as many or as few as you like. There are no membership quotas, so just pick and choose what kit works best for you!! New kits are released twice a month. Visit ScrapScription's website at www.scrapscription.com or check out the blog at www.scrapscription.typepad.com for the latest news and to sign up for the newsletter.
Spring Fling Clear Album Challenge Rules:
- You can use any manufacturer's clear albums to create your entry. We don't care whose clear albums you choose to work with; we love them all! Or make your own clear album using transparencies, overlays, clear packaging materials, or any other clear surface you can think of.
- Your finished clear album can be any size or shape you choose. If you're feeling especially creative, you can design and make your own! If you do, be sure to tell us all about how you did it! Don't forget that Clear Scraps acrylic sheets can be die cut into shapes using the Sizzix die cutting machine, and also the Accucut die cutting machine. So if you want to create your own custom shaped acrylic clear album, keep that in mind!
- You may submit as many entries as you like, but please send one separate email per entry.
- International entries are welcome, and encouraged!
- If your entry contains photographs, you must submit model releases and photographers releases along with your entry. In other words, you must get permission from the person or people who appear in the photographs to use their photograph(s) in your contest entry, and you must get permission from the photographer who took your photos to use their work in your contest entry. This is because, if you are chosen as a finalist, the photographs will be posted on this web site. We don't want to post peoples' photos on our web site without being sure we have their permission, as we are sure you can understand. Click here for the model release and click here for the photographer's release.
- The Deadline for submission is May 4, 2009, midnight at Pacific Time. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Incomplete entries may be rejected at our discretion.
- Entries that do not follow the rules and guidelines will not be considered.
- Members of the clearalbums.com design team are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- The judges' decisions will be final.
How To Enter Your Spring themed Project in the Challenge:Here is the email address to send your entry to: Email all of the following:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your snailmail address (so we know where to send your prize if you win one!)
- Pink Paislee - Supply list for the supplies used in your album. Please be specific! Here is an example. Good: Album- Clear Scraps 6x6 tabbed acrylic album. Paper- Pink Paislee Bird's Nest Paper 12x12 From the Spring Fling Collection. Not so good: Album- Clear Scraps. Paper- Pink Paislee.
- Any other information you'd like to point out about your project- for example, if you used a technique that needs explanation, etc.
- Photo releases if applicable.
How Judging Works:After you submit your contest entry, our preliminary judges will evaluate your entry on a points system. Here are some of the things we are going to be taking into consideration:
- Design: composition, balance, placement of elements, cohesiveness, harmony, beauty, and overall aesthetic appeal.
- Creativity: including but not limited to an innovative project theme, creative use of supplies, creative interpretation of the challenge etc.
- Use of Color: effective and harmonious use of color, whether you choose to use brights, neutrals, pastels, shades of black and white, or a mix of all the above!
- Techniques: Use this challenge as an opportunity to show us all the creative, unique, innovative, wild, and crazy techniques you can do with clear albums!