Framed Mini Book Kit **CLEARANCE** Craft Cardmaking Scrapbook Wholesale! Prima!!
End Date: Sunday May-19-2013 21:30:54 PDT
Add to watch list
The Pros: Things I Like About Prima Build a Book Albums:
- There is a fantastic variety of page shapes available, and most of them are really aesthetically pleasing.
- FREEDOM and VERSATILITY are 2 very important characteristics of this product line. In fact, the Build a Book product line comes highly recommended by one of our very own design team members, Jodi Ethington, for that very reason. Prima Build a Books are Jodi's favorite clear albums precisely because of the freedom you get from being able to completely customize your own clear album.
- I LOVE having the ability to create a 6" x 12" album at all- there seems to be a shortage of albums this size and it is a tremendously popular size for scrapbooking layouts. So I think this definitely fills a need, and I was really excited to get my hands on the 6" x 12" album pages. ESPECIALLY since they are clear album pages! A double bonus, in my opinion! I am so thrilled about them!
- I like the idea of being able to completely design my own album from the ground up. The possibilities for customization are truly unlimited. You should have no problem creating an album that totally suits your style!
- The product is high quality.
- The product is innovative and creative.
- You'll be able to design a really STUNNING conversation piece of an album using the Prima Build a Book System.
- I think you will be really pleased with this product if you do decide to buy it.
The Cons: Things I don't like about Prima Build a Book Clear Albums:
- Book rings are not included with the purchase of packages of Build a Book Clear Pages. You are going to have to buy your own binder rings, and keep in mind that it is an extra expense. On the bright side, this does allow for more customization. You can buy book rings that specifically match your papers and embellishments. Take a look at Jodi Ethington's Build a Book Clear Album. See how colorful and beautiful her binder rings are? It does add an extra special customized look to her album. So...lack of binder rings isn't entirely a disadvantage, when you consider the opportunity for customization.
- If you aren't careful, your finished album might end up looking chaotic. You have to plan these albums carefully to avoid making them look too haphazard.
- This is an expensive product. By the time you are finished putting your whole album together, you will probably have spent a decent chunk of change. In my opinion, if what you are looking for is a clear album with a good variety of different pages, Clear Scraps albums are a better value for the money. Let's do the math on an example. You can get a Clear Scraps all mixed up album for $15.99- full price- at scrapbook.com. With the All Mixed Up album, you get 6 pages plus the book rings are included. The album measures approx 5" x 11" and each of the pages is different. To build a comparable album with the Build a Book system, you'd have to buy a minimum of 2 packages of pages at a cost of at least $9.99 each, plus you'd have to spend a few more dollars- possibly more- buying book rings. If you buy the 6x12 pages like I did you're going to need at least 10 book rings in order to place one book ring in each hole in the album. If you DO build a Prima Build a Book, in the end you are going to have a seriously impressive customized clear album that is just the way you want it! Because in the end the album will have more pages and more customization than probably any of the others you could buy currently. But you really have to evaluate if that is the best way to spend your scrapping money. Please keep in mind that one other thing that factors heavily into my decision is where the products are made. Clear Scraps products are made in the USA. The Build a Book pages I received were made in Taiwan. I'm typically willing to spend a bit more to buy products made in the USA, but in my opinion the Clear Scraps product I'm comparing was the more affordable of the 2 to start with anyway.
- This isn't a complaint about the actual product itself, it's more of a complaint about the way the product is marketed; but, I really would have appreciated knowing in advance what exactly I was getting. It would be great if the stores could tell us how many of each page you get in the package you buy, and how thick the pages are, and things like that.