Zip Dry Paper Glue is quickly becoming my all-time favorite adhesive for scrapbooking, altered art, art journals, and ESPECIALLY for clear albums. The ladies at Clear Scraps were the ones who introduced me to Zip Dry because it is one of their “Preferred Products” for use with Clear Scraps acrylic albums and clear embellishments. Well, I have tried Zip Dry with Clear Scraps and also with a bunch of other clear albums as well. It really works! This adhesive is thoroughly impressive for a number of reasons.
Pros: Things I Like About Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Zip Dry is acid-free.
- Zip Dry is archival-safe.
- Zip Dry will continue to hold its grip over a long period of time.
- Zip Dry dries extremely quickly.
- If you apply it evenly to your project, Zip Dry dries completely clear. This is particularly important for clear albums.
- Zip Dry works well on a variety of surfaces, including clear acrylic, paper, chipboard, and lots of others.
- Many liquid adhesives will make paper wrinkle and buckle. Zip Dry will not do this. It dries flat and perfect every single time.
Cons: Things I Don’t Like About Zip Dry Paper Glue
There is only one thing I dislike about Zip Dry, and that is the distinctive adhesive odor. It really isn’t that big a deal, and it certainly isn’t a big deal when you consider that just about every other liquid adhesive also has an odor. That isn’t unique to Zip Dry. There really isn’t much you can do other than put up with it, which is what I do. It isn’t any worse or more noticeable than any other adhesive, and actually if the truth be told it smells better than, for example, just about any spray adhesive I’ve tried in the past.
If you absolutely need to have an odor-free adhesive, I’d recommend trying Glue Dots, Double-Sided Tape, and Xyron. However, I’d recommend at least giving Zip Dry a try, since those can all be seen from the back of a clear album page, which limits your ability to really get the most out of designing with clear albums. You’ll probably want to have some Zip Dry on hand for the occasions when you’d really like to use an adhesive that isn’t visible from the back of the page.
Where To Buy Zip Dry Paper Glue:
There are several places you can buy Zip Dry Paper Glue:
I hope you will give Zip Dry a try! I think you will really love it.
Posted by: Amy Solovay