Love Ya Baby Clear Album
For Vicki’s Puppy, Rori
We’d like to say a hearty CONGRATS to Vicki Flinchum, who was chosen as a finalist in the “I Love You” Challenge With Clear Albums. We loved the playful, colorful, FUN album Vicki submitted. Rori is certainly an adorable subject for an album! Vicki really thought outside the box on this project…we never know what to expect to see when we do these challenges, and we certainly weren’t expecting to see an album created for a dog! Very creative, Vicki! Thanks so much for playing along with us.
Supply List :
- Heart of Texas Studios “Baby” Acrylic Word Bloom Album
- From the Bo Bunny Sweetie Pie Collection: Patterned Paper; XOXO, Be Mine and Sweetie Pie Accessories Cardstock Stickers; Ribbon, Brads
- Bazzill White Cardstock
- Kaiser Craft Felt
- Prima Flowers, Whispers Felt Alphas
- Making Memories Glitter Chipboard, Epoxy Shapes
- Me & My Big Ideas: Icons
- Ranger Stickles: Crystal, Christmas Red;
- Ranger Crackle Paint: Faded jeans;
- Alcohol Ink: Lettuce
- Miscellanous Chipboard Shapes, Metallic Thread, Ribbon
- Studio G Stamps
- Technique Tuesday Stamps
- Staz On Ink Pads: Jet Black, Blazin’ Red, Azure
- Cosmo Cricket Rub Ons
- Paper Punches: Creative Memories Leaf Punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch
- DoodleBug Buttons
- Queen & Company Brads
- Zutter Rivet
- Dymo Clear Label Maker
- CuttleBug Embossing Folders
- Sizzix & AccuCut Butterfly Die
- Martha Stewart Metallic Pen
I love to paint the edges of Acrylic Word Albums with Alcohol Ink so they stand out. I stamped the edges with a stamp too for additional emphasis. I also cut a butterfly from acrylic using my Sizzix and an AccuCut Die. I outlined the wings with silver Metallic Ink, and added rub ons and stamped images to the wings. This is a hard and thick Acrylic Album, so I used a craft drill to drill a hole and attach a Zutter Rivet to hold the butterfly to the letter “B”. the butterflies and flowers are attached in such a way that some of them actually come through the previous page letter for added depth.
In case it is not readily apparent, the memento that is significant to both me and my puppy is the Heart Shaped Dog Tag on the top Jump Ring. She wore this with her rhinestone collar when we went to the beach last year. It’s got her name and our cell phone number in case we were separated. She strutted around in that collar & would deliberately shake herself off to hear the tag jingle!! I have journaling throughout the album telling her how much I (we, the family) love her and how special we think she is. All the photos are special, but the most memorable to me (and to her, if she could talk) is the one of her looking up at my Husband with such adoration. She loves him soooo much!!
Thanks for looking!!