The Pros: Things I like about Fancy Pants Clear Cuts Sets:
- I love the variety of different sets available in this product line.
- I love the variety of pieces you get in each set.
- The die cut shapes are all outstanding as far as design and creativity goes.
- The possibilities for what you can do with each set are unlimited. There are so many different possible uses!
- You get a LOT of pieces with each set. With some of the sets, you will be able to make an entire clear album plus you will probably have plenty of pieces left over to embellish other projets.
- I've been really happy with every single project I created using the Fancy Pants Clear Cuts set I bought (Which was the tabbed book set.)
The Cons: Things I Do Not Like About Fancy Pants Clear Cuts Sets:
- My biggest complaint about this product is that the clear material is very prone to cracking and splitting. This is especially true of the smaller, more delicate pieces in each set. You are going to have to be very, very careful when you punch these pieces out. If you aren't careful, some are going to break. Even if you are careful, some are still probably going to break. That was my experience. For that reason, I really wouldn't recommend this product to the impatient scrapper. If you aren't willing to take your time and be careful than you are likely to be disappointed with these. If you are willing to take your time and punch carefully than I honestly think you are going to LOVE love love this product!. There is a bright side to this, though. In lots of cases, you might be able to camouflage a split if you get creative. Take a look at the photo below. See the little asterick shaped embellishments that I used as snowflakes? They are embellishments that originally came with the Fancy Pants Clear Cuts Tabbed Book Set. There is a smaller one layered on top of the larger one. Well, the only reason I did that was because I accidentally cracked the larger one and I wanted to cover up the crack. I ended up being pretty happy with the layered look I achieved, so it turned out to be a good thing in this case. This product may challenge your creativity to find new ways of problem solving, which is never totally a waste.