By Amy Solovay
Pink “Notes” Mini Tag Clear Album
This is a “hybrid” craft project, meaning that it combines physical scrapbooking supplies with digital templates that can be printed out. I created digital templates for tiny tag shaped journaling note sheets that can easily be printed out and cut out. They coordinate precisely with the Clear Scraps Tag Mini Albums. I have created multiple templates that fit this tag. One says “Notes”, one says “Shopping List”, one says “To Do List”, and another is just a blank area for journaling with no text at the top. They could be used interchangeably depending on what you prefer to use the album for. This particular album uses the ones that say “Notes” at the top.
- Tag Mini Album: Clear Scraps These mini clear albums each have 6 pages. This project only requires 3 pages, so you can either use the leftover pages on cards and scrapbook layouts, or you can get another book ring and make 2 of these albums using different templates.
- Paper: Strathmore, Creative Imaginations
- Cardstock: Bazzill
- Stamps: Inque Boutique, PSX
- Ink: Rubber Stampede, Clearsnap
- Pens & Markers: Zig Painty Pens, Sharpie Markers, Gel Pens
- Brad: Hot Off the Press / Accent Depot
- Faux Flower: From the silk floral section at Michael’s
- Adhesive: Glue Dots
- Korker Ribbon: Ebay
- Velvet Ribbon: Basic Grey
- Various Other Sheer Ribbons
- Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug “Textile”
Download the Digital (Hybrid) Mini Tag Album Templates for Free:
Click here for the free “Notes” Digital / Hybrid Tag Album Template.
Click here for the free “To Do List” Digital / Hybrid Tag Album Template.
Click here for the free “Shopping List” Digital / Hybrid Tag Album Template.
First, remove the protective covering from the Clear Scraps Tag Album pages.
To make the circle shape on the front cover:
- Paint some washes of watercolor, gouache or acrylic paint onto a scrap of Strathmore art paper.
- Stamp the Inque Boutique flourish stamp onto the painted paper.
- To make the circle shape: Using a circle template, draw a 2 inch circle with a pink marker. Cut around it with Fiskars Mini Scallop Paper Edgers Decorative Scissors. Color in the rest of the scalloped area with the same pink marker.
To make the floral embellishment on top of the circle:
- Stamp the Inque Boutique Bella Flora flower stamp onto Creative Imaginations / Sonnets patterned paper.
- Cut around the stamped flower with Fiskars Mini Scallop Paper Edgers Scissors.
- Attach a smaller faux silk flower to the stamped flower with a pink brad.
- Attach the stamped flower embellishments to the circle using Glue Dots.
Making the mini album’s title:
- Stamp the N, O, T, E, and S onto scraps of pink cardstock using the PSX tiny “Antique” stamps.
- Using a small circle template, draw circles around the letters using glitter gel pen.
- Cut around the circles to cut out the letters.
Finishing the tag album front cover page:
- Lightly outline the outer edge of the tag album page with Zig Painty Pen.
- Attach all the stamped pieces to the tag album page using Glue Dots.
- Emboss the entire acrylic tag album page using the Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder.
- Color the embossed areas with Zig Painty pen.
- Outline around the edge of the page with the Zig Painty pen.
Pages 3 and up:
Print out the tag templates of your choice onto cardstock. I used Bazzill cardstock for this particular project, but you can use any paper you like as long as your printer will print on it. You can print as many of these tags as you want to. Here’s how my page of tags looked when I was finished printing it out:
Next, cut around each tag and punch a hole in it using the hole punch of your choice. You can use a round punch or if you’d rather have a cute shape, use any of the Fiskars shaped hand punches (heart, start, etc).
I added a blank acrylic tag page to the end of the mini album, after all the hand cut cardstock pages. It’s there basically to protect the cardstock pages from getting damaged. Just because I left this page blank, doesn’t mean you have to; you can embellish this page if you like!
Finishing the Mini Tag Book:
Put all the pages together in order and bind them together using your book ring. Tie ribbons onto the book ring. Now it’s ready to use and enjoy!
I’ve created multiple variations of this Tag Mini Clear Album project. Here are some photos of the other versions:
Lavender and Pink “To Do List” Mini Tag Clear Album
Dark Purple & Lavender “To Do List” Tag Shaped Clear Mini Album
Blue, Pink & Purple Purse Charm Tag Mini Clear Album
Have you noticed that charms have been really popular and trendy lately? I’ve seen charm bracelets, belly button charms, purse charms, and cell phone charms, just to name a few. Well, I thought that these little tag minis would make adorable purse charms. I have a little blue leopard spotted purse that I like to carry around when I go out. It’s a little beat up because I’ve used it so much, but it’s still my favorite. Well, I just made this little tag mini to go with it. I printed “To Do List” tags for it, but I will probably add some shopping list tags too because I know I will use them.