Snowflake-Shaped Mini Scrapbook Album
A Snowflake-Shaped Keychain Album Plus a Crocheted Snowflake = A Delightful Mini Scrapbook Album for Winter
This mini album is perfect for scrapping your small-sized winter photos, including Christmas pictures, ski photos, snowboard photos, sledding photos or any other winter-themed photos you happen to have on hand.
When I say “mini album,” I’m not kidding; this little album is really tiny, not to mention, cute! It’s smaller than the six-inch or eight-inch albums you normally think of as being “mini albums”.
I embellished the cover of my little scrapbook with a fancy beaded crochet snowflake motif. I think the two snowflake designs compliment each other perfectly! But if you don’t crochet (or don’t feel like crocheting at the moment) there are plenty of other ways to embellish the same mini album. Also, if the snowflake pattern inspires you, feel free to use it in other ways. It would make a fantastic Christmas ornament, for example.
Supplies Needed to Make This Album:
- Snowflake-shaped keychain mini album by Clear Scraps
- A permanent marker or pen that will write on clear acrylic. Try a paint pen, a Copic marker, a slick writer, or something similar.
- Crochet thread
- Embroidery floss
- Craft wire
- Crochet hook
- Tapestry needle (optional, but helpful.)
Easy Project Instructions:
This album is really easy to make! Here are the steps:
- Crochet a small snowflake. A free crochet pattern is available for the snowflake design that I used. If you’d like to use that same pattern, you’ll find it here: free snowflake pattern. You can also check this list of free snowflake patterns for more ideas.
- Clip the crocheted snowflake onto the front of the album as pictured.
- Using your marker or pen, draw an outline around the outside of each of the album pages.
- Tie random pieces of ribbon onto the binder ring that holds the mini album together.
- Add your photos to the album, along with journaling and other embellishments if you like.